Tuesday, September 23, 2008

August 2008

Click here for August pictures

August was a month of change for the Browns!

I started work on August 12 and that has meant a new routine for the family. We are finally starting to feel "normal" again and are adjusting well (for the most part!) We have really early mornings, now, but other than that we don't have any real complaints. I am the accompanist for the choral department at Lawrence North High School (located a convenient one mile from home!) and I also assist in Music Theory and Piano 2&3 Class. It has been a change for me, but I am enjoying it and have met some neat kids in the process. Millie LOVES to go to the high school with me on Wednesday afternoons and see Mr. Martin and her other "friends."

Millie started preschool and absolutely LOVES it. She goes every day and she can be there any time from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. She is never there that long, but it is good to know she is happy and cared for while I'm at school. Zane started first grade in Ms. Smelser's class and is really improving his reading skills already. Clara started fourth grade and just finished her first book report. Quinn is in fifth grade (he will graduate from elementary school at the end of this year). He is mostly working on finishing his homework neatly and remembering to actually BRING his homework home. I told Matt today that I don't have much hope for him after my brief 6 weeks in the high school...I find that many of them have the same issues that my 10 year old does!

The kids are all in soccer this fall, which makes for busy Saturdays. I think they all enjoy it, although it is often hard to watch from the side when Millie is doing somersaults down the middle of the field! :o) All of the kids are also doing piano and Matt started playing the guitar. We are constantly fighting over the piano! I have suggested that we might consider adding a couple of practice rooms to the back of the house, but Matt just rolled his eyes.

I will try to be better about posting our September update! We are anxiously looking forward to our trip to Disney world next week and will have lots of pictures to share soon!

Love,
Janette, Matt, Quinn, Clara, Zane and Millie


No comments:

Post a Comment