Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Traveler

I love that I can blog from my phone!! Our long drive has been great
so far--as great as it CAN be just sitting in the van. I learned long
ago that roadtrips go smoother with a little planning. I found a cool
website called momsminivan.com with lots of fun ideas. There were
lots of free printable activities and I made each of the kids a
booklet of them. (We haven't needed them yet, though.) It's been nine
hours so far and we are just now watching our 2nd movie. We've had
reading time, DS time, and right after lunch we opened our first
surprise--the new Mercy Watson book. Mercy has been a family favorite
for several years. This morning we packed a lunch (you know, because
we are eating healthy now!) and when we stopped for lunch we played
frisbee and jumped rope--2 easy things to throw into the picnic bag.
Millie is currently enjoying Hannah Montana on the mp3 player Uncle
Brian gave her last time we were in Chippewa Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment