Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

We had a great day! Some friends in the neighborhood had us for a quick dinner before the kids started trick-or-treating. We had a great time, even if we didn't win a prize after searching through brain matter :o) Really, it was fun to get to know some of our neighbors a little better.



One of Quinn's former classmates called earlier in the week to see if the kids wanted to join their family in a Wizard of Oz theme for the evening. Quinn went as the scarecrow, Zane was the cowardly lion, and Clara was Glinda (she prefers to be called Galinda from Wicked, though!) Leo's family supplied the tin man, Dorothy, Toto, and the Wicked Witch of the West. They looked great and had a fun time. Millie was Princess Jasmine and went candy-hunting with her good friend Katie.

After all the candy buckets were full we headed over to the haunted hay ride. We live behind an old horse farm, and the family there hosts a hayride every year. Last year I took the kids, not realizing it would be so "haunted." This year I was a little better prepared.

We came home to inventory the goods...the verdict is that we have WAY TOO MUCH CANDY. We are trying to come up with a plan for how much to keep and what to do with the rest. Any ideas?

I carved the pumpkin this year and I didn't get a good picture. I'm heading out in a minute to try to get a better one to post later.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are too funny! I made my kids leave theirs on the living room floor (wait til you see how math nerds sort their candy) so I can get a picture with good daylight. Yeah, I'm beyond help.

    I love the Wizard of Oz theme! I was amazed at how the kids traveled in MOBS this year. Where there was one there were ten. Coordinating their costumes is such a fun idea. Costumes are so not my thing so that would never cross my mind.

    ReplyDelete