Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wondering...

For the last couple of days I have found myself mulling over this question: "Why is it that even after lowering my expectations, I continue to be disappointed?" I'm not trying to be demanding, and I think I've been better at making most of my expectations clear, but somehow it just doesn't work out the way I think it will. I'm not sure what the answer is. I suppose this is probably something I can learn a lesson from. What am I supposed to be learning? Is God trying to teach me something? Maybe THOSE are the questions for the next few days, or longer...

1 comment:

  1. Janette, I think that is the question of a lifetime. Lee and I have often talked about managing our expectations. It's hard to do in a culture in which we are raised with the expectation that we can have control of our circumstances, along with practically anything we put our minds to. We are set up to be some of the most disappointed people on earth. I wrote a post about it here, a long time ago...but I can't claim to have mastered it by any stretch of the imagination! My big question is how to teach my kids to expect differently. I hope you'll share some more of your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete