I'm not sure how it started exactly, but for nearly 10 years now, we have always created a scavenger hunt for Matt on his birthday. Sometimes there's a present to find at each step along the way and other times there are just many clues leading up to THE present.
So...on Tuesday we got this bright idea to try to make a QR code out of Legos (I now know more about QR codes than I care to admit...not an expert by any means, but more informed than necessary for sure!) We scoured our Lego buckets and still came up short. The sites I read led me to believe that it would still work with 2 dark colors, but I never had a chance to find out. We ran out of white and couldn't find more pieces anywhere (even the Lego store at the mall didn't have them!) While we still think this idea is cool, we had to come up with Plan B for our scavenger hunt. We were thinking about the "QR Code" and I thought maybe it would be fun to have a theme to the hunt this year..."Crack the Code"...and each clue would require Matt to decipher a different kind of code!
Millie delivers the first clue...
Well, of course, we had a Cheat Code card...so Matt headed to the video game basket and found the next clue.
32819
Now this one was a little bit tricky. It took him a few minutes to determine that it's not a number, but a ZIP CODE!! After a trip back to the iPad was required, he knew that it was an Orlando, FL zip code. He went straight to our vacation book and found the final (paper) clue...
This is about as close as he's gotten to a golf course this summer :o( Clara and I worked together on these cupcakes. We each had one and then Tonks helped herself to the leftovers at some point in the evening.
Then Matt and I headed out to Wine and Canvas for a night of painting!!
outlines
adding color
...and after a few more steps, FINISHED!
That is amazing. I would have been totally stumped from the get-go. Good thing Matt is much smarter than me!
ReplyDeleteLoved your golf course!
So cool. You guys are SO creative. Happy Birthday to Matt!
ReplyDelete