I had lots of things I wanted to report about October, but the weekend is just about over and I'm running out of time, so here's the fast recap:
- Soccer wrapped up...it was a fun season and Clara's team finally won a game!
- Our basement reconstruction began! We are still in the process, but the end is in sight.
- We participated in the Light the Night Walk, benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's research and support efforts in the fight against blood cancers. You can still contribute to our team if you'd like. Just visit our website at: http://teams.lightthenight.
org/IndyBrowns - Matt and I saw "Wicked" in Chicago.
- We spent Fall Break just hanging around home. We had planned to go visit Grandpa in Ann Arbor, but he took a trip to Nebraska. My Grandpa Hostetler passed away on the 18th. We were sad to get the phone call and sad that we never made it out west to visit Grandpa with the kids. We did, however, see him last fall and the kids all had a chance to meet him for the first time...I'm including a picture from that dinner in our album this month.
- We had one of the warmest Octobers I remember! The kids didn't even need jackets on Halloween!
- Matt's job is going well...he is full-time for his new company now.
- My job is still going pretty well, although the after school and weekend hours are hard. The kids don't complain too much during the week, but they do NOT like it when I have a weekend thing to go to. They will not be happy January-March (show choir competition season).
Here are our October pictures. Next month will be full of reports on finishing up the basement and raking the 5 million leaves that are falling in our yard :o)
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Janette, Matt and kids
No comments:
Post a Comment