Monday, March 2, 2009

January/February 2009



2009 is already flying by faster than we could have imagined!



In January we were blessed with 3 snow days, and a very Minnesota-ish snowstorm. The kids were thrilled to be able to play outside in the snow and this time the snow stuck around for a while! The snow days were great, too. The kids got along great and we just had some lazy days at home to play and for mom to catch up a litle bit on some neglected housework!

Millie turned 5 on January 23 and just 2 weeks later we registered her for kindergarten. I can't believe it--everyone in school next year! I thought I might be a little bit sad about it, but truthfully I'm not (at least not yet). Millie is so excited to go to school every day and I know she is really going to love kindergarten. In fact one morning recently she wasn't cooperating before school and Matt had to threaten to take a day off and keep her at home instead of going to school. She had a fit about it (no...our kids are not normal).

Clara has been playing basketball and has a couple of weeks left. She scored her first basket of the season last week (unfortunately I missed it...more on that later). All of the kids will be playing baseball or softball this spring so Matt is already working on playing catch with them outside when the weather is cooperating. Quinn, Clara, and Zane all did science fair projects this month. We had fun working on the different experiments even though three projects was quite an undertaking! Zane's teacher posted a picture of him with the other participants from his class on her classroom blog. Check out the link on the right.

Matt has been working hard on the finishing touches in the basement. He and Quinn cut and laid all of the baseboards a couple of weeks ago and Matt is finishing up some more trimwork. We have a little more painting to do and it will be in good shape. There are still plans for built-in cabinets, but we're waiting for things to calm down a little bit around here.

I am in the middle of show choir competition season at work which means lots of extra practices during the week and LONG Saturdays at the competitions. Last week I think my final total of hours worked came to 79. Needless to say Matt is taking over a lot of the kids' stuff and I'm doing my best to keep the clothes clean and at least 4 meals a week prepared! We'll all be glad on March 15 when all of this is over.

I am posting pictures from January and February Here. I hope to post some video of the kids on here very soon.


Hope you are all doing well!

Janette and family

No comments:

Post a Comment