We continued to be super busy, especially since it was still show choir competition season. Thankfully that is over and I can now spend my whole weekend at home! :o) Clara finished up basketball and finally did score a few baskets during the final games (which I missed, of course!) She had fun and she is becoming better friends with a few girls on her team who also are at her table at AWANA on Wednesday nights. She finished up two big projects at school this month.
Quinn and Clara had a string recital last week (scroll down for video). Quinn will also have a fifth grade orchestra concert in a couple of weeks. That should be fun! We went to a middle school parent info night this week. That was NOT fun. Aside from the fact that it's impossible for me to believe that Quinn is old enough to go to middle school I can't seem to get over the fact that this year we hear so much about being and eating healthy and next year they've decided to make PE and Health an elective class. I could get way off topic again here, but I will spare you from my ranting. I have been able to vent my feelings to Matt already.
Zane had his first school program this month (again, scroll down for video). It was the best school program ever--started at 6:30 and we were home by 7:00! The kids did a good job. Zane finally started playing catch with Matt in an effort to prepare for baseball season (Quinn and Clara have had to endure this already for a couple of weeks). Matt says Zane was finally starting to get the hang of catching but it seemed like they were outside playing for a long time! The only injury was a bloody lip and it must not have been too bad because he didn't even come crying to me about it!
Some friends of ours from Minnesota stopped by on their spring break and we had a great time catching up with them. It's amazing how much kids change and grow when you don't see them very often (of course when you see your own kids every day you wonder if they'll EVER change...like, when will they learn to throw Kleenex away IN the trashcan? Again, I digress...)
Millie is still doing fine. I hate to give her too much attention here because she commands so much attention everywhere she goes. BUT, she is a part of the family and we love her just the same! :o) She is loving her afternoon preschool class. She used to stay in the same room all day and have naptime in the afternoon, but a month or so ago she started moving to a different classroom for the afternoon. They have been working on a new project in that class which has been extremely popular with her--ice cream! Who wouldn't like to work on an ice cream project? She also did some yoga in her class this month. I think this link will take you to the photo album her teacher posted. I wondered if they were just trying to get the kids to take an extra nap that day since they all look so relaxed! Millie is in the 3rd picture--wearing the gray Minnie Mouse shirt. Click here for a few more pictures from March.
We are on Spring Break this week and are looking forward to a long weekend coming up. We're headed to a water park in Sandusky, Ohio and then a quick visit to see my dad in Ann Arbor. I'm already having quite a bit of anxiety about leaving the house. I'm going to have to have the neighbors come check on the basement once a day just to keep my mind at ease! We haven't been gone at all since the last flood at Christmas.
Hope you are all doing well and have a Happy Easter!
Love, Janette and family
No comments:
Post a Comment