Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A first for us...

We've seen MANY deer in our backyard. One morning last fall I even came across a fox during my jog. But this one was a first. We were sitting at the kitchen table having dinner with the kids. Well, the kids were eating. Matt and I made our favorite pasta dish to have while we were watching LOST last night after the kids were in bed. So we weren't eating, we were just sitting with the kids...okay, back to my original story. I see this guy walking across the backyard. I start to yell at the kids for leaving Coda outside. Coda is now 13 years old and we're pretty sure she has artritis. I didn't think it was very nice to leave her out to fend for herself in the winter storm. But then I realized this guy was much bigger than Coda...in fact we had a coyote in our backyard! We watched him walk along the fence in back and I ran to get the camera. Apparently with all the snow he didn't notice the firepit in back and fell right in! I missed that part, but was able to snag this one decent shot before he took off.
'
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Kinda scary...but kinda cool, too. Glad you got the camera in time! Hope the fire pit scared him off for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - cool picture. And look at all the snow! Are you sure you're not still in MN - lol!!!

    ReplyDelete