Saturday, November 6, 2010

Big Ten Football!



This summer Matt and I had a chance to get away alone together for a couple of days. In one of our many uninterrupted conversations (which were very nice to be able to have!) we talked about how cool it would be to take our kids to a different Big Ten football game each fall. I remember that when I was about Quinn and Clara's age, my dad got Purdue tickets several different times and we went as a family. He probably thinks we hated it (because, to be honest, I probably acted like I hated it at the time). But I actually look back on those games with fondness --well, except for that one game against Michigan State when Lorenzo White made about a hundred touchdowns. So we decided we would try to take the kids to an IU game this year. Matt's a huge IU fan, kids' tickets are only $5 and Bloomington isn't very far away so it seemed the perfect choice for our first game.

We were talking about our idea one day with some friends of ours in the neighborhood who also happen to be IU fans and we decided to make it an event! ;o) We ended up having an awesome time today with the Schwegmans. It was COLD, but the sun was shining...perfect football weather. The game was a good one, although it would have been much better if we'd won. It was so close!

More pics here

No comments:

Post a Comment