Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Matt and I frequently discuss how we can live simpler lives. I'm afraid that this goal of ours is awfully hard to work toward in our day and society where everything seems to scream at us, "More, more, more!!" To live a simple life, we want "less." We need fewer things on the calendar, fewer distractions to quality family time, and less STUFF. Many years ago, I saw this neat idea for a creative way to celebrate Valentine's Day. So...in the Brown family there are no Valentine gifts (maybe an occasional card and a little bit of candy), but what we DO have is a fun family tradition. Each year Matt and I write messages to each of the kids and hang them on these streamers in their doorways. Then we all go out for breakfast together at IHOP. A fun way to celebrate with our family--not buying into the huge commercial aspect of the day. Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment