Unfortunately I don't have better basement pictures to share (well, the water is out for now). We have had our share of continuing crises over the basement since the initial storm. Let's just say we now have a brand new sump pump, a generator, and a few other accessories for basement-type disasters. We had another set of storms last night and lost power 3 times, but not for long enough to make us fire up the generator. We have spent endless hours scraping the floor to the accompaniment of screaming children and still have quite a ways to go (why do people GLUE things to the cement floor?) After that, the drywall is scheduled to be removed and replaced...maybe we'll be complete sometime in August. We're finding that it's a little tricky to work on a big project like this with all of the kids at home.
We just returned from a week of vacation in Minnesota, but I will save those pictures for my next post since it was most July that we were gone. June was full of activities for the kids. Clara went to horse camp and loved it...she did an awesome job at the mini horse-show that they gave for parents on the last day. She'd sign up for riding lessons if we let her, but I think our schedule is pretty full at the moment. Quinn went to Camp Invention for a week (couldn't think of a better camp for a kid whose only goal in life is to grow up to be in inventor!) He learned lots of cool science stuff and even met some new friends who will be in his class next year.
All of the kids took 2 weeks of swimming lessons. The lifeguards at our neighborhood pool give free swimming lessons to residents (what a deal!) and we took advantage of both weeks. We have been impressed by their improvements...especially Zane! We go to the pool almost every afternoon and I'm happy to say that we've finally reached the point where I can sit on the side and read a magazine while they swim! I thought that day would never come...
The summer is flying by...I can't believe school starts in a month! We have VBS in July and then a couple of quiet weeks before school. Hope you are all enjoying your summer!
http://picasaweb.google.com/mopsjanette/June2008?authkey=TusDMCjFr4Q
No comments:
Post a Comment