Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Farm Fresh Delivery

One day close to the end of the year, the choir director at school was talking about a cool new delivery service he had heard about. Matt & I decided to give it a try. It's called Farm Fresh Delivery and is available in the Indianapolis and Cincinnati areas. Once a week a bin of fresh, organic produce is delivered to our door! We have had 2 deliveries now and are so excited to use our new produce. Well...I should say Matt and I are excited. Last week I made eggplant for the first time. It was SO good, but Quinn took one bite and apparently he had convinced himself it was going to be disgusting because he looked like he was going to throw up right there!!

This week's bin included zucchini and squash, cauliflower, purple (yes you read that right) potatoes, grape tomatoes, cherries, raspberries, and blueberries. Tonight it was kabobs...

Tomorrow is going to be Cherry Compote over Goat Cheese (if you can even believe this, Quinn has been asking for goat cheese. He's a weird kid, what can I say?) We'll see how that goes! It's a great chance for our family to add more fruits and vegetables to our diets and is forcing me to get out of my cooking rut and try some new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment