Friday, July 24, 2009

How Do I Love Thee?


In honor of My Schmoopie Matt's birthday I thought I'd list the things I love most about him. Any similarity between the number of items on this list and his age is purely coincidental.

Things I Love about Matt:

1 He changes the brakes
2 He's a great grill master
3 He empties trash without being asked
4 He likes to go to the symphony with me
5 Back scratches
6 He occasionally loses at Catan
7 He talks to me on the phone about 100 times a day
8 Hebrings me Diet Cokes from McDs
9 Quinn
10 Clara
11 Zane
12 Millie
13 He's pretty handy around the house
14 resident computer expert
15 embraces change--although if I were writing a list of things I dislike about him, this would definitely be on it. I do NOT like change
16 He did the girls hair for school every day last year while I worked
17 He took me to Hawaii once :0)
18 He's going to take me back someday
19 He's pretty smart
20 He laughs at my jokes
21 He takes care of all the kids' icky boo-boos
22 He loves my cooking
23 He is fun to just sit and talk to
24 He is fun to go on dates with
25 He makes us a priority
26 He is a great partner in raising #9-12
27 He's a really fast painter
28 He knows the significance of the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
29 He loves God
30 In Millie's words, "He's a WORKER!!"
31 He is great at cleaning up the kitchen
32 When I was doing a lot of speaking to MOPS groups in MN, he did a marriage talk with me. I can't imagine the pressure of being the only man in a room of 50+ women, and then being willing to take questions! :o)
33 He isn't afraid to voice his opinions ( and there are plenty)
34 He loves Border Dip and Spicy Chicken Pizza...which are both great with a glass of Monkey Bay
35 He does most of the driving on our long trips
36 He is a great coach--even when his team doesn't win a single game all season

No comments:

Post a Comment