
View June pictures here
Wow! Summer is here and we are loving it! We've had lots of fun days so far and are looking forward to 6 more weeks of it.
The first week of June we took the kids to Chicago for a quick (and I mean QUICK...Matt had so much going on at work that we didn't have time for visits with anyone) trip to see Mary Poppins. It was awesome, although I'm still not quite sure that I know how to spell supercalifragilisticexpealidocious correctly and my spell check isn't helping me out! Mary Poppins is playing at the Cadillac Theater through July 12 so if you have a chance I'd highly recommend it. We had a lot of fun and there were some really neat effects...I won't tell you about them because it might spoil the surprise.
The kids did a week of VBS and had lots of fun there...and I enjoyed a few mornings of peace and quiet. It was only 2 1/2 hours but it allowed me to get a few things done. VBS was followed by 2 weeks of swimming lessons. We absolutely love our neighborhood pool and even more we love the free swimming lessons there! They do such a great job with the kids and it couldn't be closer to home. The kids all really improved, too, and I pretty much don't have to jump up from my seat by the side of the pool anymore. I can just sit back and observe if I want to!
Millie learned to ride her bike without training wheels this month. She had a tiny bit of help, but she pretty much just decided that she was going to do it. That's no shocker--that's just the way Millie is!
We wrapped up the baseball/softball season FINALLY. It was lots of fun, but with four kids playing we started to feel like we were living and breathing baseball. I'm glad it's over and we can sleep in a little bit on Saturdays now :o)
Both boys had birthdays in the last few days. We had a combo birthday party at the pool and it was a lot of fun for them. I had to twist Quinn's arm to convince him to share a party with Zane, but it ended up to be really fun.
We are looking forward to more fun days at the pool and are hoping for no more storms! We are currently working on the possibility of having our roof replaced following the huge hailstorm a few weeks ago. Matt's car had some damage, too, but thankfully the van was fine. I posted a few other things during June, so scroll down and read some more if you'd like.
Hope you are all enjoying your summer!!
Love, Janette, Matt, Quinn, Clara, Zane and Millie
No comments:
Post a Comment