Sunday, September 20, 2009

Vacation Part 4


Well, here it is: finally, the last few pictures and comments from the trip! Now I'll have to get busy making my scrapbook.
Pictures from the end of the trip

We did LOTS of driving the last 2 days of our trip, hurrying to make it home for Clara's first soccer practice on Monday afternoon. We DID make it--tired, but safe and happy to be home early enough to get the van unloaded and laundry started.

We drove through the Badlands on the way back and here are some of the comments the kids made:
"We had to watch for rattlesnakes"...Zane
"The rocks kind of looked like fire with colors"...Quinn
"We saw turkey vultures"...Clara

So, finally I had to ask everyone, "What was your favorite part of our vacation?"

Quinn..."Crazy Horse"
Clara..."Laura Ingalls Settlement"
Zane..."We stayed together as a family" (I love that kid!!)
Millie..."Trail at Mt. Rushmore and we did it twice!"
Matt..."Lightning storm at Rushmore"
Janette..."Rushmore and the chuckwagon dinner"

Overall, it was a wonderful time together and we can't wait for our next road trip!!

1 comment:

  1. Your new layout is adorable!!! Love your trip journal. I'm with Millie--can't get enough of Mt. Rushmore.

    ReplyDelete