A couple of weeks ago we took the kids and some friends downtown to a Lego event that was super fun. I never thought I'd be able to spend so many hours looking at Lego creations:
Lucas Oil Stadium, complete with retractable roof and TONS of Colts fans...
We had quite a bit of rain in March (although I keep hearing on the news that we're under a fire alert...they obviously are NOT talking about my backyard). One afternoon we had the joy of watching these deer frolicking in the water. The kids all thought it was especially hilarious to see the white tails as the deer took off across the field.
I have to admit that I wasn't completely sick of winter this year. I enjoyed the snow on the ground--if the sky has to be gray I prefer to see some of that white stuff on the ground instead of a bunch of mud! (It isn't as messy on my floors as mud, either). But I also admit that I was excited to see the first signs of spring...
The Thursday before Easter, we had our annual family Seder dinner. We started doing this about 6 or 7 years ago and it has become a steadfast tradition. This year was the first year that ALL of the kids were able to read our script and follow along (this was a big deal for Millie). It is a meaningful way for us to prepare our hearts for Easter, to celebrate communion together as a family, and remember the events of Holy Week.
Here are a few pictures from our meal. I had quite a fiasco with the chicken that I won't go into now (I almost became a vegetarian that day), but it was delicious! We had our traditional matzah with haroses (an apple/nut/cinnamon mixture) and angel food cake. This year we added potato latkes...also delicious!
Love your crocuses! I used to have some, but the rabbits ate them. I don't bother to replant what the rabbits eat, but I miss the early blossoms.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what happened with the chicken, but it turned out beautiful! Thanks again so much for helping me start a really amazing tradition.